Train the Trainer
‘The Trainer’s Edge’
The Train the Trainer program that turns subject matter experts into expert trainers.
It takes more than being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to be a great trainer. Having information down cold is an important attribute of a good trainer, but it’s just the beginning. This ‘train the trainer’ program is jam-packed with proven techniques, best practices that work, and opportunities to put your skills into action.
The Trainers Edge ensures that SMEs avoid the common missteps that new trainers make.
During this 2 ½ day intensive workshop, you will:
- Fully grasp the difference between presenting and training
- Leverage principles of adult learning
- Create and use meaningful visuals that keep participants interested, not bored
- Practice proven techniques for keeping people engaged
- Utilize multiple methods to confirm understanding
- Practice training and receive feedback for improvement
- Plan your training based on what participants need to learn
- Successfully manage time, whether training lasts 60 minutes or 12 months
- Manage stage fright, or fear of speaking to a group
- Employ habits that allow you to be at your absolute best for your participants
- Practice training some more and integrate feedback
- Make the most of your space, whether it’s a conference room or a warehouse
- Practice excellent techniques for scribing
- Evaluate training at the level that makes sense for your scenario
- Create your own checklists for what to do before, during and after training
- Plan your approach to handling difficult situations
- Practice again to bring your skills up yet another notch
Bring your ideas
We use case studies and group discussions to prepare for things that can’t be replicated in class, such as managing difficult participants. Bring your challenges (real or imagined) to class and we will work on them together! So that each person gets plenty of time to practice, class size is limited!
If you have a need for training a group at your location, Contact Us.